Transfer of Control and Transfer of Communications
Transfer of Control
Transfer of Control shall take place at the boundary of AoR.
- If the downstream sector in EuroScope is set to .break, Silent Handoff is suspended and transfer of communication can only take place after the downstream sector has assumed the flight via the appropriate function of the radar client.
- If it becomes necessary to reduce or suspend transfers, a 5 minute prior notification is required.
- When transfers are suspended, Silent Handoff is suspended as well.
Silent transfer of control
The following values for silent transfer of control strictly apply for aircraft on same flight level. If possible, they should also be met between aircraft on different flight levels, but with same destination:
- If preceding aircraft is on same speed or faster: 10nm
- If succeeding aircraft is faster by 20kts/M0.05 or less: 20nm
- If succeeding aircraft is faster by 40kts/M0.10 or less: 30nm
Transfer of Communications
Transfer of Communications shall take place no later than Transfer of Control.
Unless otherwise agreed between stations online, the following hand-off procedure, called Silent transfer of control, shall apply:
- The upstream sector initiates a transfer via the appropriate function of the radar client.
- The upstream sector sends the aircraft to the frequency of the downstream sector by voice or text.
- Upon initial call, the downstream sector assumes the flight via the appropriate function of the radar client.
- The transfer of communications shall be initiated early enough so that the pilot will call the downstream controller before or shortly after reaching his sector.