S1 Training (Minors)
To start as a controller and achieve your S1-Rating you are required to participate in a S1 Basic Lesson. These lessons are held about once a month and will be announced in a separate thread in the Bremen FIR trainings forum. The number of participants is limited and will be assigned on a "first come, first serve" basis. So keep an eye out for the thread in the forum.
Please refrain from posting training requests in other threads.
If you have any question, feel free to contact any mentor of our FIR or join us at TeamSpeak.
- You are a Bremen FIR member
- You signed up for an S1 Basic Lesson. (watch out for announcements here)
- You have installed the latest Euroscope version. You can find instructions here.
- You have downloaded and installed the RG-Bremen and the RG-Berlin package (for now both packs are needed)
- You can find the latest downloads at aeronav EDXX and a tutorial here.
- You have installed Audio for Vatsim (AfV) and successfully logged in as Observer. You can find instructions here.
- You have downloaded Teamspeak and successfully connected to the Vatsim Germany server. You can find instructions here.
While you wait for a Basic Lesson:
- Start learning now -> Knowledge Base Vatsim Germany
- fly as a virtual pilot on Vatsim, IFR + VFR (you will need the VFR practice as Controller)
- observe and listen to frequencies with Euroscope at your desired positions
Content of the Basic Lesson
- Introduction to Vatsim
- Introduction to the basic functions of Euroscope
- Basic introduction to the work as a tower controller
- Phraseology examples
- Explanation of the Moodle course for obtaining the S1 rating
- You have participated in the Basic Lesson
- You complete the ATD tests "Basics of controlling", "Delivery", "Ground" & "Tower".
- You apply for and pass the S1-ATSim test.
- You complete and pass at least one of the SOP tests (CBTs) for the airports of FIR Bremen (EDAH, EDHL, EDVE, EDVK, EDXW, EDDW).
If you have failed an ATD Exam in the Moodle course, please contact the Lead Mentor. He will unlock you for a second attempt after you have studied again. If you do not pass the second attempt, you will have to attend the next lesson and your progress will be deleted. Remember that the tests are open-book, you are allowed and asked to look in the provided documents and use search engines while doing the test.
EDAH, EDHL, EDVE, EDVK are good airports to start your S1 adventures. With more experience EDXW and EDDW can be a good challenge to practice for your next steps towards a S2 Tower Rating.
The S1-Minor approvals can, in case of justified doubts, be withdrawn by the leading mentor at any time.
If you want to continue your training and obtain a S2 Tower Rating, you can apply for further training after 15 hours on our Bremen FIR minor airports. You will be added to the waiting list for our training airports (EDDB, EDDH, EDDV). For more info read: "Training requests for all training phases" and note the formalities listed in the thread.