Dresden Ground is responsible for issuing enroute and startup clearance for departing traffic. Additionally, Dresden Ground is responsible for ground movement control within the maneuvering area. Dresden Ground shall only be opened if Dresden Tower is already staffed.
Normally, a standard SID shall be assigned according to the runway direction decided by Dresden Tower. During times of low traffic and suitable wind conditions, SIDs for the most efficient runway direction may be assigned (e.g. flight via KOBUS off RWY04 while main operating direction is 22). This shall only be done after individual coordination with Tower and Arrival Sector Sachsen Low.
- OSKANxW departure shall only be assigned after approval from Arrival Sector Sachsen Low.
- Visual Departures may be approved for aircraft of wake turbulance category LIGHT and MEDIUM.
Ground Movement Control
The AoR of Dresden Gound is designated in the chart below and consists only of the maneuvering area.
shall be handed off to Dresden Apron as folllows:
- Traffic via D/E, H shall be handed off holding short of TWY C
- Traffic via C shall be handed off holding short of TWY H
- Traffic via A/B shall be handed off holding short of TWY H
will be handed off from Dresden Apron as follows:
- Traffic via A will be handed off holding short of TWY A
- Traffic via C/D/E will be handed off holding short of TWY C
- Traffic via B will be handed off holding short of TWY B