Start-Up and Enroute (IFR) Clearance
In Germany you have to request “start-up” to get your IFR clearance. This does not include the pushback, therefore a separate approval is required!
- Always check the current ATIS first!
- Report Callsign, ATIS Information and request start-up and enroute clearance
- Only request start-up when you are ready for pushback within the next 5 minutes
- Clearance also available via Datalink (PDC/DCL via Hoppie ACARS System) - check Controller Info for Airport Code!
- Valid routes out of Saarbrücken are available via grd.aero-nav.com.
- There are a number of different SID available for different performances, please always make sure you will fly the assigned one.
- Report if unable to comply with a climb restriction.
There is no pushback on any position required. Please contact the Controller after starting up the engine for taxi.
There are no useful intersections you can expect. If you a light General Aviation Aircraft, you might get the intersection B. Keep in mind that in departing Runway 09 you then have max. 950 m Runway length and on departing Runway 27 max. 1000m.
Departing IFR traffic have to contact Langen Radar without separate instruction, immediately when airborne. You will always find the correct departure frequency in the ATIS.